I have formally begun to sell of some of my massive piles of stuff I don't really need. The first item to go is my five in one game set. My chess board, that while I love, hasn't been set up or really touched aside from being moved from one table to another. It's time for me to let it go. It's time for me to let a lot of things go.
I'm generally a very sentimental person, and I love to shop, so I'm likely very close to being a hoarder, which is going to make this whole process a lot harder and possibly slower than I had admitted to myself. I'm trying to remember to take deep breaths and work in small sections so that I don't overwhelm myself.
The trip doesn't start until next may, so I have time, but I also have to contend with the fact that my lease is up in December, so that's my deadline for the bulkier items I'll be selling. Little things are much easier to physically manage, but they do add up, so my main task for the next little while is sorting through my things to decide what to keep and what to let go. Obviously I'm going to be keeping my furniture, though less of it, and major sentimental pieces, like the dollhouse my mother built for me, which is reducing the amount of room I'm going to have for other things.
Downsizing is hard, but this is going to be worth it in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment