I'm leaning more and more towards a van if I do decide to get a new vehicle. I think a van is probably the best option for both ability to retrofit inside, and for towing capacity. I have to admit that I hate the idea a little bit, because after I'm done the trip I will have a van that I won't really have much use for, since it's larger than I really need.
Which leads me to todays's point.
I'm trying to find the balance between things I'm going to need for this trip, and things that I need to return to my life after it. Since a new vehicle is a big decision, I'm obviously a little nervous, but at the same time this trip is all about letting go of the excuses we all make to not do what we really want to with our lives. This is about the freedom to be who we are behind all our labels and pretenses.
How many times have you thought about doing something and then talked yourself out of it? You tell yourself you can't, because you have all these obligations, chains that you've created for yourself to make things easier. If you have reasons not to, and you give them power, instead of finding ways to do what your soul is calling you to, you'll never see your dreams.
What I'm doing now is somewhere in the middle. I'm making big life changes and moving forward, but also keeping hold of the idea that while this is not a quick trip, it is also not what the rest of my life will be. So how do I do both? I take my time, weigh my options, and find that balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment