Thursday, July 6, 2017

Day 10 - Trailers

I spent part of yesterday looking at small trailers and daydreaming. I found one that was seventeen feet long, which isn't much, but it had everything I could possibly need. It could never work for more than one person, but for just Maverick and I it would be perfect.

There were some problems of course, like the price tag and the fact that my little crossover, while it does have some towing capacity, would never be able to pull it. I do kind of enjoy the cartoonish mental image of my beat up old Blue trying to pull it. She's still got some life in her, but really, even the smallest trailer I looked at was twice her size. It would never work.

I have considered a pop-up tent trailer, which is closer to the weight Blue could haul, but I think it would be too fun for me to put up and take down at least a few times a week. If I do get a trailer for this, it will have to be something small and solid so when I park I'm only a minute or two away from being done.

I'm both incredibly intimidated by the idea of spending months on end in such a small space, whether it's a trailer, a van, or just old Blue. It will be nice to have less to worry about, but I know myself well enough to know that I like my space, I like having my things around me, all of my things.

I'm caught between the rush of letting go of things I don't need and the sheer terror that comes with getting rid of anything. I think it's because I'm still not sure what my life is going to look like going forward. What I do know is that I need this trip, this Adventure.

It's scary, but some of the best things in life are.

No comments:

Post a Comment