Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Day 57 - The Work Continues

There is a strange magic to be found in going through everything you own, in peeling back the layers one at a time. It's exciting to me to see the things I have stacks and stacks of cut down and either sold or given away, but it's also terrifying. I know that for this trip to happen I have to be able to get everything I own, or almost everything (given that I am taking SOME things on my trip with me) into a storage unit. That isn't a lot of space to plan for, and I have a lot of things to fill it.

I'm now looking into the local storage places, trying to find sizes and pricing for various units. So far it's hard to say just how much space I will need, because I don't know how much I will have to go into it. Like everything for this trip, what I do next relies on all of the other things I do next. It's like setting up a circle of dominoes. Before I can knock them all down, I have to set every single one. It takes patience, more patience than I think I have some days, and hard work.

I've bought a new notebook (I know, I know, like I needed ANOTHER one, right?) so that I can take little notes every day. I wanted somewhere to write down what I do each day to work towards my goal, and I've started pushing myself to do something every single day. It doesn't have to be something big, it can be as simple as what I did today, finding a file box and going through it. It's all baby steps, but for me this is a marathon, not a sprint, and taking baby steps for now is just fine by me. I can pace myself out for this long, hard road, it's the only way to do it and keep my sanity.

Days To Go: 251

No comments:

Post a Comment